From their homepage:
Successful European Smart City projects present their approach and tell you about the most successful profit-making models!
The Smart City Event 2012 is the largest conference within Europe where all the parties convene for 2 days to learn from the most progressive projects. The focus is on sharing knowledge to realise climate ambitions and energy transition!
Unique keynote speech:
Author of The New York Times bestselling book The Third Industrial Revolution and 18 other books. He is a consultant to the European Union and heads of state around the world. He is the president of The Foundation on Economic Trends in Washington, D.C.More information about Jeremy Rifkin
|Jacqueline Cramer, Professor of Sustainable Innovation, Utrecht University, former Minister of Housing, Spatial Planning and the Environment|
Inspiring speeches by:
Dutch Physicist, astronaut, pilot and professor
Director for Sustainable Energy, Research, Innovation & Energy Efficiency, DG Energy, European Commission
Sector Manager Urban Development, Finance, Economics & Urban Development Department, Wereldbank, USA
Alderman for Birmingham
Alderman for Amsterdam Municipality
On June 28, you have the opportunity to visit the first intelligent electricity grid in the Netherlands.
This project by Alliander in Amsterdam shows how a district of ca. 10,000 households is fed by the new intelligent net. The households have a smart meter and solar panels on the roof.
Bert Heerbaart, Strategic Program Manager, holds a lecture on this first intelligent energy grid, the importance for customers and the environment and on the 1st lessons learned.
Exclusive: Alliander gladly takes you on a tour on the 28 June after the event, to visit the smart grid.
Interested? You can indicate this on the registrationform.
This year you can expect:
- European Commission and the World Bank about the investment opportunities
- European Aldermen about the successful Green Stories in cities such as Amsterdam, Birmingham, Barcelona, Vienna, Bristol, Antwerp, Baerum
- Parallel sessions about Smart Grids, Electric Transportation, Open Data and Sustainable Building
- Successful partnership models and smart profit-making models that have been realised
- National and European authorities about the opportunities within current and future policy
- Lots of room for discussion, exchanging experiences and networking